Many times companies believe adjusting prices will make a significant difference, when in fact 86% of customers would actually pay more for better customer service.
We all know that customer service can have a huge impact on your business and there are a ton of metrics out there, so we’ve compiled a simple, tweet-sized list of the top 10 shocking customer service statistics to know;
10 Customer Service Stats
1) The amount of money US Enterprises lose because of poor customer service is enough to match the GDP of Syria, Croatia, Bulgaria and Vietnam, collectively every single year.
3) The percentage of customers a company loses due to bad customer experience is equivalent to losing the entire population of the US with the exception of Texas.
4) Average annual value of each customer relationship lost to a competitor is equivalent to the cost of a roundtrip flight from NYC to LA.
5) There’s a higher percentage of being killed by lung disease than for a customer to stay with a business with unsatisfactory customer service.
7) The percentage of people that list customer service as their top priority when looking for a brand is higher than the amount of low-income households in the US.
8) About 13% of dissatisfied customers will individually tell an entire classroom-size full of people about their experience.
9) A 5% increase in customer retention increases profits up to 125%.
10) More people prefer online chat/e-mail service than visit a dentist in the US.
Overall, the difference in changing poor customer service to great is monumental.
Making your business one of the clicked links on the front page of a search could be as simple as fixing your customer service.
What do you think about these customer service stats?